Written by Helen
See these norn genetic files (aka genomes) hanging around the web an unsure what to do with them? Here are some simple instructions on how to convert the lines of gibberish on your harddrive to a norn in Creatures 3. If you'd like to download one of these files, visit the C3 genomes section.
Steps for installing a genome:
You will need a program like WinZip to do this
1. Download the genome injector from Chris Double's page. Install as per instructions.
2. Download the genome you want to use.
3. Using your unzipping program (ie winzip) extract any .gen or .gno files from the zip file and put them in the /creatures 3/genetics/ folder.
4. Open up Creatures 3 and start up the world you want to inject the genome into.
5. Open the genome injector program and type in the filename of the genome file (without the .gen at the end) and hit the "inject" button.
Now the genome file you downloaded is running around Albia as a norn!