Written by HelenBefore your norns can enjoy the creations of the talented agent creators of this community it is necessary to understand how to install them. Luckily, it isn't difficult, so as long as you've a bit of patience your norns should be enjoying new toys in no time!
Steps for Success
1. Download the latest C3 patch from the C3 support site. You need this to install all 3rd party (ie non creatures labs) objects. The original game doesn't support it.
2. Make sure you have a copy of WinZip as most agent files are zipped. To learn how to use this, do the quick tutorial listed under the help menu.
3. Download the agent file you would like to use. Make sure this is an agent file and not a .cos file, there is a difference. To use a cos file you need to create a new creatures world, while agent files can be injected into an established world.
4. If the agent is a zip file (which it probably will be) open the file in winzip and double click on the text file. Read the text file. If the instructions in the text file are different from the instructions here, follow them.
5. Extract the .agent file to the /creatures 3/my objects/ directory.
6. Open up Creatures 3 and start up a world.
7. You will need to have collected at least one of the creator powerups and have medium bioenergy levels (depending on the object you're going to inject). Go to the creator machine (in the main part of the shee ship) and switch it on by pressing the green button. Use the buttons to cycle through the objects in the machine until you come to the one you want. Then press the button with a circle in the middle and a copy of the object will be injected into your world!