By Gordnorn and Rhodent
Last Updated: 12 April 1999
BoBCoB v1.44 Is Available For Download!
Features of BoBCoB
- Runs on Windows 95/98/NT4.
- User friendly interface.
- Supports Creatures 1 and Creatures 2.
- Context Sensitive Help - Windows Help with a COB command reference and COB-writing tutorials.
- Script Editor - provides a text editor (with indentation and comment support) to write scripts and
have them automatically converted into COB comma format (includes Class Calculator, Attribute Calculator,
Behaviour Calculator and STIM Calculator).
- Injector Kit Picture Viewer - with Import and Export from/to BMP format.
- Sprite Editor - Easy to use thumbnail view.
- Sprite Editor - with Import and Export from/to 256 colour BMP format and conversion between sprite file
types (SPR to S16 and visa versa).
- Bitmap importing does automatic colour matching for 8-bit bitmaps with the Creatures 1 palette in
Creatures 1 COBs and SPRs but for best results we recommend that you draw your bitmaps for use in
Creatures 1 using the Creatures 1 palette. The Creatures palette is provided in 3 file formats,
Jasc (Paint Shop Pro), Microsoft (Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, etc.) and Raw for you to use with
your favourite drawing program. 24-bit bitmaps can be imported into Creatures 2 COBs and S16s.
- Sprite Editor - Multiple sprite file format converter.
- COB Injector - injects the COB into Creatures (and will optionally start Creatures if it's not running)
directly from BoBCoB.
- Command Line Interface - For advanced COB writers to send commands directly to Creatures and view the
- AutoScript - Automatically generate COB or RCB files from Creatures or another COB file.
- Creatures Cheats - Sets Creatures 1 and Creatures 2 cheat modes (Cheese, Darwin, Doctor, Blueberry,
- You can select to work with Creatures 1 or Creatures 2 if both are installed (look in
- Creatures 1 COBs can be converted to Creatures 2 COBs and visa versa (injection picture colour depth
conversion is performed).
- COB Packager - packages all the files needed for a COB (Creatures 1 or Creatures 2) into a